The Taxation Lead reports to the FEC Manager with dotted lines to The Regional Direct Tax Manager, and The Regional Indirect Tax Manager in APAC.
The Taxation function improves and maintains the tax processes, provides tax advice and is responsible for executing the group’s tax & transfer pricing policies and ensuring local compliance with tax and customs regulation.
Goal & Accountabilities. The Taxation Lead will be responsible for,
(i) Tax compliance including Direct Tax, Transfer Pricing, Indirect Tax [VAT/Sugar Tax/Import duty, Free Zone] and reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
(ii) Coordinating and managing tax affairs of these entities by providing tax technical support, advice and assistance to internal stakeholders, providing support in the implementation of a great variety of projects from a tax perspective and providing support in tax/TP/Customs audits and questions from the authorities.
Coordination with Global, Regional, and local workstreams on local tax incentives, exemptions, grant applications, and compliance review.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Group Tax/TP Strategy, Policies and Procedures in Thailand.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Coordinate with and provide expertise and guidance to local (Thailand) business and finance functions, as well as the Global Tax team in IHQ and the Regional Tax team (APAC), on day-to-day tax/TP and customs related.
- Provide support to local (Thailand) business and finance functions, as well as the Global Tax team in IHQ and the Regional Tax team (APAC), in the implementation of a great variety of projects from a tax/TP and customs perspective.
- Build up a strong network of contacts in finance and business functions within JDE, with primary focus Thailand.
- Responsible for compliance with the direct and indirect tax filing obligations for the entities in Thailand in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for compliance of Free Zone Privilege in alignment with the customs department and department of foreign trade.
- Responsible for compliance with transfer pricing documentation regulations by the entities in Thailand in a timely and accurate manner, including having intercompany agreements in place (if and when appropriate).
- Responsible for monitoring compliance with advance tax rulings or agreements with tax authorities in any other form for the entities in Thailand (if and when appropriate).
- Manage tax reviews, tax audits, prepare the response to the questions from tax authorities, customs authorities in any other form as the case may be – and tax litigations.
- Together with the local finance function, responsible for timely and accurate reporting of the tax position of the entities in Thailand and pro-active alignment with the Global Tax Team in IHQ and the Regional Tax team (APAC) in this regard.
- Support the Global Tax Team in IHQ and the Regional Tax team (APAC) with the monitoring of compliance with the Group’s Tax Strategy, Policy and Procedures for the entities in Thailand.
- (Pro)actively monitor local legislative developments, evaluate potential impact, assess measures in order to optimize ongoing operations and/or mitigate risks and pro-active alignment with local business and finance functions in this regard, as well as the Global Tax Team in IHQ and the Regional Tax team (APAC).
- Effectively manage relationships and communication with third party tax advisors, external (statutory) auditors and tax authorities or other governmental bodies as relevant for tax affairs of the entities in Thailand.