Goal and Key accountabilities
The Engineer supports the delivery of the key plant results (Compelling Business Need - CBN), such as zero safety accidents, zero quality (losses), cost savings, efficiency improvement, 100% Customer Service Level and 100% engagement using the Manufacturing Operating System - MOS program as an enabler. The Project Engineer does this through agile and flawless project management and execution of varied projects across the manufacturing operation, through any of the phases from concept to commissioning. High personal development of some Leadership Capabilities
Responsibilities / Key activities
Safety Health and Environment:
- Drives Safety Health and Environment culture through role modelling behaviors. Responsible for Safety Health and Environment requirements and legislation implementation and ensures compliance to legal and corporate standards & policies in own projects and installations as an example LOTOTO – Lock Out Tag Out Test Out, permit to work, hazard work permits, behavioral observation safety, auditing and process isolations.
- Responsible to ensure that ergonomics and SHE – Safety, Health & Environment risks are mitigated or eliminated in own projects
- Managing contractors in the work area, preparing permits and reviewing risk assessments and method statements.
- Drives Quality culture through role modelling behaviors. Responsible for Quality requirements and legislation implementation and ensure compliance to legal and corporate standards & policies in own projects
- Ensures project designs and execution includes Good Manufacturing Processes including Sanitary Design rules and new Manufacturing Operating System - MOS Standards
Delivery & Cost:
- Project Planning:
- Responsible for pre-engineering scoping, costing and capital expenditure request document preparation using the appropriate standards, processes and procedures aligned with IM – Initiative Management pillar
- Giving regular stakeholder updates on project progress.
- Engaging and communicating with all relevant associates through the whole lifecycle of the project to ensure that the project deliverables meets all practical requirements (maintenance, operation, training, etc)
- Project Management & Execution:
- Producing tender documents for suppliers to ensure competitive bidding on project works and working with central procurement to get contracts in place for orders.
- Preparing and issuing relevant documentation such as drawings, cable schedules, commissioning documents, equipment schedules, FAT – Factory Acceptance Check, SAT – Systems Acceptance Test, S&H – Safety and Health checklists, risk assessments.
- Working with the software engineers to develop a URS – User Request Specification for the process installation and review FDS – Functional Development Specification.
- Management of orders through the use of SAP, from raising PO’s – Purchase Orders, issuing to suppliers, receipting and checking invoice discrepancies.
- Managing cost versus budget using the appropriate standards to report actual, commitment, and remaining budget spend on a monthly basis.
- Project Close-Out:
- Commission the installation with the project team and suppliers and ensure full snag tracking and close out through commissioning, qualification and verification.
- Ensure relevant handover documentation is in place such as OEM – Original Equipment Manufacturers manuals, training documents and risk assessments.
- Create appropriate training material with the use of the SME - Subject Matter Experts, Training Coordinators and the Organizational pillar