Finance Director is responsible for ensuring effective management in the country (specific for Retail business) from a financial and controlling perspective, based on the company’s overall business strategy and the central and local Financial and Controlling policies and guidelines in place, in order to ensure maximization of return on investment and effective management based on accurate (management) information in alignment with the KPI guidelines from principal.
Finance Director is responsible for all activities of the country finance function, including accounting, control, and local statutory reporting. He/she acts as a business partner to the General Manager.
- Implements and adapts the strategic plan for the country based on financial implications of business developments.
- Provides input and prepares the annual operation plan for the country.
- Ensures monitoring of business and financial performance with information, financial analyses and proactive advice, in order to ensure that business decisions are based on the correct and accurate information and considerations.
- Directs the planning and execution of transaction processing, to be in line with the overall business and organisation development, aiming for efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
- Organises and maintains a timely and adequate reporting of consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet, within local accounting rules.
- Responsible for all local taxes and levies imposed by any governmental authority, i.e. VAT/GST reporting in non-principal countries / non-SAP countries, packaging fee/disposal fee/environmental levies/payroll/sales tax etc.) in as far as not specifically handled by Central Tax team.